Young Filmmaker Challenge and Workshops
Start creating your own short environmental film in one week!
- Attend the free Filmmaking 101 workshop to learn the basics or new tips.
- Brainstorm and choose an environmental themed topic for your film. Need ideas? Check out the resources below!
- Need help? Join CEFF for virtual Young Filmmaker Mini-Workshops and help sessions every day, Sunday 2/14 through Thursday 2/18 (4:00-4:45pm MST).
- Storyboard your short film and submit to CEFF by Sunday, 2/21/21 (midnight) to enter the challenge.
- Select winner(s) will receive mentoring from a local professional filmmaker in 2021 to help you complete and submit your youth environmental film for consideration for CEFF’s 2022 Festival!
Join us to get started on your youth environmental film!
Filmmaking 101 For Youth
Become your own storytellers and content creators – Learn the essential of filmmaking from script writing to introduction to editing. Spark your imagination through moviemaking and video creation and discover the joy of how to make your own environmental film!
- When: Saturday, February 13, 2021 (10:00-11:30am MST)
- Who: Any young aspiring filmmaker and their family (program is geared for kids under the age 18)
- Cost: FREE
Young Filmmaker Mini-Workshops
Sunday, February 14 (4:00-4:45pm MST) – Filmmaking 101 Recap
Monday, February 15 (4:00-4:45pm MST) – Pre-Production including script writing, story boarding, location scouting and shot lists
Tuesday, February 16 (4:00-4:45pm MST) – Production including lighting, equipment, types of shots, sound
Wednesday, February 17 (4:00-4:45pm MST) – Post-Production including intro to editing
Thursday, February 18 (4:00-4:45pm MST) – Post Production including recap editing, exporting and uploading