WE ARE CHANGING VENUES FOR 2024!
The festival will be at the Colorado School of Mines Green Center in Golden from February 22nd to February 25th.
Can’t make it? Experience the encore festival virtually February 26th through March 3rd.
Below you will find helpful tips & guidance to ensure you are ready to watch when CEFF2024 arrives.
Getting Started – Before the Festival Begins
Step 1: Create Your Account to purchase passes or single collection tickets
Create an account or log in to your existing Eventive account from the Festival Welcome page. (Eventive is the platform CEFF uses to sell passes and tickets for film collections and events. It’s free!)
Step 2: Explore the Film Collections and Events
Check out the Full Film Lineup and see what sparks your interest! There are over 20 film collections to watch!
Step 3: PURCHASE A FESTIVAL PASS, SINGLE FILM COLLECTION TICKET OR EVENT TICKET
Decide which ticket or pass is right for you and purchase in advance to ensure you can attend all of the events and see all the film collections you want to watch! Take advantage of all the festival has to offer! CEFF offers an All-Access Pass, a Five Collection Pack or single collection tickets. Purchasing a single collection ticket reserves your spot for that collection screening. See Step 4 for how to reserve your spot with a pass.
Need help deciding?
- For more information see the “Tickets and Passes FAQs” below.
Many events and programs are free to attend, as well, including CEFF Community Opening Night and recorded Filmmaker Conversations! Check out the Schedule At A Glance for more details!
Step 4: Reserve your ticket for specific film collections (optional)
If you want to reserve a seat for a film collection or special event, login to the Festival Welcome page, click on Schedule and pre-order tickets for any Film Collections and Special Events you are interested in. This step is now optional – pass holders will show their pass at the door and be issued a ticket at that time.
Please note some collections have geographic screening restrictions and some have a ticket cap and may sell out!
Frequently Asked Questions
General Festival FAQ’s
Where is the festival being held?
CEFF is moving to a new location!
The festival will be at the following venue:
Colorado School of Mines Green Center at 924 16th St, Golden, Co 80401
- There are multiple theatres in the Green Center – screenings will be in the Bunker and CEFF Theatres.
What are the dates for the in-person event?
The event runs from February 22nd through February 25th, 2024. There will be an online encore event allowing you to view films virtually from February 26th through March 4th, 2024 (see more about the online encore event below).
What is Eventive?
Eventive is the platform CEFF uses to sell tickets and passes for all of the festival events and film screenings.
Do I need to create an account?
Yes! By creating your free Eventive account with your email or linking to your Facebook account, you can access both paid and free programs.
Can I purchase tickets and passes at the festival?
Yes, festival attendants will be available to help you set up an Eventive account and purchase your tickets or passes. We encourage you to do this ahead of time to expedite your entry into the festival. Please note that some events may sell out in advance so purchase online early to ensure you have a seat.
Do I need to reserve a ticket for all screenings and special events?
Yes, all attendees, including passholders must have a ticket for each screening or special event, including free events. This can be done online or at the venue. Pass holders can reserve a ticket online prior to coming or they can be issued a ticket at the door when their pass is scanned. Some screenings may sell out.
What is a collection?
A collection is a grouping of films shown together in an approximate 2 hour block. This may be a combination of short and long films, so the number of films shown in a collection may vary. All run times can be found in the Full Schedule. Please note, All-Access Passholders and Five-Ticket Passholders must reserve a separate ticket for each collection they plan to attend.
Where can I see which film collections I have ordered or unlocked?
Log into your Eventive account, click the Menu button at the top-left of the page and select My Tickets.
How can I meet the filmmakers?
One of the best things about CEFF is meeting the great people behind the films. You’ll probably bump into them throughout the festival (look for their special badges), or you can meet filmmakers after screenings. All-Access passholders are invited to attend a special Meet and Greet with filmmakers on Saturday evening as well.
What is the refund policy if unable to attend?
Are masks or proof of COVID-19 vaccination required?
In accordance with public health guidelines, patrons are not required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or wear face coverings at festival venues. This section will be updated if any changes are made.
Not feeling well?
Please do not enter any CEFF venues if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or if you have been exposed to someone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19. We ask that you respect the safety of others and stay home. CEFF will refund your ticket or transfer the ticket to an online encore film collection so you can still enjoy films from home. Contact [email protected] if you have concerns or questions regarding COVID-19.
Where Should I Park?
- Weekday (9am-5pm): Park in Yellow or Blue Lots ($2/hour or $10 max)
- Weekdays after 5pm and Saturday/Sunday: Park for FREE in any lot or street parking
- Recommended lots: Blue lots: CT, O, J, C and Parking Garage Red lots: N (weekend only)
Are Food and Drink Allowed in the Theater?
We allow guests to bring water in their reusable water bottles into the theaters during screenings. We kindly request that you refrain from eating in the theatres. Visit the Eco-Expo in-between screenings where you will find environmentally-minded vendors and organizations. There will be an open bar, snacks and food trucks at different times during the festival.
Inclement Weather Policy
We plan to host all screenings in-person during February 22nd-25th. In the event of a severe weather emergency in which CEFF must cancel a screening, all ticket holders will be notified and refunded for the missed screenings. If the weather is wintery but CEFF still hosts the screenings, no refunds will be issued to those who can not make it. Please drive safely and plan ahead!
What special events will there be?
Watching film collections is just the start of the CEFF experience! Check out the Festival Welcome Page to explore additional programs.
- Opening Night Thursday, Feb. 22nd from 5:00-7:30 pm – This is free and open to the public. There will be an open bar and appetizers provided.
- Friday – Open bar and snacks from 2:30 pm until 8:30 pm.
- Eco-Expo open during the entire festival
- Silent Auction – Saturday afternoon, Feb. 24th. Open bar with snacks provided from noon-8:00 pm.
- Meet the Filmmakers party – Saturday from 5:00-7:30 pm. This event will be catered with an open bar and appetizers and is free to the public!
- Sunday – open bar and snacks provided from 11:30 am until 3:30 pm.
Note – attendees will be given three drink tickets during open bar events.
Tickets and Passes FAQ’s
Types of Passes
ALL‑ACCESS FESTIVAL PASS – Show your support for CEFF and enjoy the 2024 festival to its fullest. The All-Access Festival Pass includes access to all 24 Film Collections and free extra programming. This pass can also be used during the online encore event allowing the user to watch additional films from home. With over 60 films, the cost is under $2 per film watched!
FIVE PACK – The Five Pack allows for viewing of 5 different film collections at a discounted rate.
Some bonus content and events are also free!
How do I Purchase a Festival Pass?
- Navigate to the Festival Welcome page at ceff2024.eventive.org
- Click on the green “Buy Passes” button.
- Select the pass you would like to purchase and click the green “Purchase Now” button.
- On the Checkout page select the number of passes you would like to purchase and enter a discount code if you have one.
- Login, or create an account, and click the green “Continue” button.
- Enter and submit your payment information and that’s it – you’ve got your pass!
- To see your passes click on the Menu in the upper left corner and select My Passes – here you can see how many unlocks you have yet to use.
You may also purchase tickets and passes at the Green Center during the festival.
How do I use my Festival Pass?
- Log into your account at ceff2024.eventive.org/films
- Click on the film collection or event you would like to attend.
- On the screening page, select “Pre-order Now” or “Unlock Now”. Your pass benefits will be automatically applied. Attendees with an All Access Pass have an unlimited number of unlocks for individual film collections. Attendees with a Five Pack will have unlocks for five film collections. You may use your unlocks to mix and match your screenings and online encore collection views. All free events are accessible without a pass but you must reserve a seat.
How do I Purchase Individual Film Collection Tickets?
- Navigate to the Festival Film Collections & Special Events where you can explore all of the film festival collections and events.
- Click on the collection or event you would like to purchase a ticket for.
- When you enter the screening room, click on the blue “pre-order now” or “unlock” button in the center of the video screen.
- When the Checkout window opens enter your email address and click the blue “Continue” button.
- Enter your name and password, then click Create an Eventive Account.
- Enter your payment information and click on the Add Payment Method button – and that’s it – you’ve got your tickets!
- To see your tickets click on the Menu in the upper left corner on the Festival Welcome page and select My Tickets.
Can I purchase a ticket for a specific film?
Films are only available in film collections featuring a specially curated set of approximately 3-6 films. Tickets to screen individual films are not available for purchase. Select a collection including the film of your choice and enjoy the others!
How do I know how many tickets I’ve used of my pass or pack?
Visit the My Passes page by clicking on the My Passes icon in the upper right corner on the Festival Welcome page. Alternatively, you can click on the Menu in the upper left corner, then select My Passes. The My Passes page will display the passes you’ve purchased, and alongside that pass it will show the number of uses that pass has. For example, the Five Pack comes with 5 single-session tickets and starts with 0/5 listed for uses. Once you pre-order or unlock a single session, the uses would then read as 1/5.
What discounts are being offered?
CSM students, faculty and staff can attend FREE with their Blastercard. Show your card at the door or use the special code provided by CSM to order tickets online.
Young professionals (under 30), hard of hearing/deaf and seniors (over 65) get a 30% discount
Can I give a pass or ticket as a gift?
Yes! When you purchase a ticket or pass, there is an option to select “Give as a gift?” When selected, you will be prompted to enter a message and the email address of the recipient. It is a great way to share your love for CEFF with someone new!
There are films I want to see screening at the same time—What should I do?
If you don’t get to see everything you want, check out the festival online encore collections between Feb. 26 – Mar. 4!
CEFF festival online encore
Between February 26th and March 4th you will be able to watch a selection of the 2024 lineup of films from the comfort and safety of your home. Catch up on films you missed in person or take advantage of access to the year’s best environmental films from anywhere in the world!
Watch Films with these Devices:
- Casting from another device
- Eventive TV App (For Apple TV or ROKU)
- Connect to computer via HDMI
- Handheld Devices
Some bonus videos may not be viewable on your TV via the Eventive app but can still be accessed via your computer.
Test Your Device(s) Compatibility
Visit our Device Compatibility page and follow the steps to unlock the free test video.
- You can test your device(s) for compatibility with our platform
- Confirm that you are able to make a purchase
- Confirm that you are receiving confirmation emails once a purchase has been completed
Not sure if your device is compatible? Please refer to the rest of this FAQ for devices that are Eventive compatible.
Online encore festival FAQ’s
What devices can I use to watch films?
You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7+, and Intel-based Macs running macOS 10.12+. You can also watch films on Android tablets and phones using Chrome, and on iPhones and iPads using Safari. If you have an Apple TV or Roku device, you can use our dedicated Eventive TV App for these platforms. Or connect your computer to your TV via HDMI. If you have a Chromecast, you can cast to it from Chrome on your computer or Android phone. Click for more details.
Can I watch festival movies from anywhere in the world?
Many film collections included do not have geographic restrictions and can be watched from anywhere! Geographic Restrictions, availability windows, and ticket caps dictated by filmmakers and distributors may limit the ability to unlock some sessions.
When will I be able to watch the films?
Most film sessions are on-demand, meaning you can watch them at your leisure without any restrictions during the online encore festival window from February 26th at 12:01am until March 4th at midnight. Most sessions are available for the full length of the online encore festival once you press “play”.
How long do I have to watch a film session?
Once you begin to watch an unlocked film collection, you will have 7 days to finish watching the collection, even if that date is later than March 4th. You may stop and restart as needed within those 7 days. On-demand film collections typically will unlock on Feb. 26th at 12:01am. The watch window does not start until you press “play” for the first time.
Can I watch a livestream after it’s over?
Yes, livestreams are recorded and made available to ticket holders for the duration of the program availability window.
How do I view subtitles or closed captioning (cc)?
Click on the CC in the bottom right corner of the window to turn on captioning where available. Caption settings can be adjusted to your personal preferences (size, color, etc.). To see the list of films that have open or closed captions, on the Film Guide page, use the filter button at the top to select the filter “Captioned Film (Open or Closed)”.
How do I fix choppy video streaming ?
If you have done all the usual troubleshooting, try the following to be able to view the films with a lower resolution.
On the video screen, bottom right:
- Click 3 dots
- Then click resolution
- Then switch from “Auto” to a lower value, perhaps 270 streaming
How To Fest – In Golden
Tips and Tricks
- Traveling to Golden? Check out the CEFF Food and Lodging partner page for special deals on lodging and food! For more info about our host city VISIT GOLDEN is the place to look!
- Online ticket purchases are available and highly encouraged.
Passholders must use their pass to reserve a ticket in advance to each screening and event you wish to attend to guarantee a seat.
- All tickets will be scanned prior to event entry. You may present your scannable tickets on your smartphone, or print them at home.
- Come prepared with your reusable mug to fill with water or other tasty beverages. Visit our Greening Page for more tips and information on helping us green CEFF.
- Help us say “thank you” to the hundreds of volunteers working this weekend – they work long hours to make this event successful!
Still Need Assistance?
Check out the Eventive Help page. Live chat help available daily from 7am-1am MST.